The Atlantic Crossing Guide, expanded and refreshed in its 7th edition for a new generation of Atlantic cruisers, is the well-established and definitive reference, relied upon by thousands of cruisers crossing the Atlantic in both directions.
It is packed with information and collective wisdom of cruising sailors from over four decades, this edition includes updated advice on:
- Suitable boats, including considerations of hull integrity
- Equipment and maintenance
- Advances in navigation and communications systems
- Access to weather and routeing information
- The balance of power input and usage
- Planning for hurricane season
- Risk management
- Crew harmony and health
- Atlantic weather systems, including tropical waves and hurricanes
- Common routes and timings across the Atlantic
- Seasonal cruising along bordering coasts and within Atlantic island groups
- Fog and ice in the higher latitudes
- Key landfalls
The comprehensiveness of this new edition will both inspire dreamers and instill confidence in those about to depart.
Jane Russell trained as a research biologist and taught science before undertaking a 5-year circumnavigation, via Panama and Suez. More recently she and her husband took their two children on a 15-month return voyage down the Atlantic coast and around the Western Mediterranean. She has worked for the RCC Pilotage Foundation since 2007 and is their current Editor-in-Chief. She was the author of the 6th edition ofThe Atlantic Crossing Guide.
The Royal Cruising Club Pilotage Foundation was founded in 1976 with the objective of advancing “the education of the public in the science and practice of navigation.” Its members write--and keep continually updated--pilot books covering many different parts of the world.
"I cannot imagine setting sail without it." -SAIL magazine
"A vital part of the ship’s inventory." -Sailing Today
"A fantastic amount of information." -Yachting Monthly
"An invaluable mixture of planning manual and pilot book, and an essential investment if you’re planning to cross the pond." -Yachting Monthly
An email has been sent out with instructions for resetting your password.