A fun and helpful resource for anyone interested in learning some Korean—whether you're 5 or 100!
This picture dictionary covers the 1,500 most useful Korean words and phrases. Each word and sentence is given in Korean Hangul characters—with a Romanized version to help you pronounce it correctly—along with the English meaning.
The words are grouped into 40 different themes or topics, including basics like meeting someone new and using public transportation to culture-specific topics like celebrating Korean holidays and eating Korean food.This colorful picture dictionary includes:
Korean Picture Dictionary
- Hundreds of color photographs
- 1,500 Korean words and phrases
- 40 different topics—from social media and WiFi to paying and counting
- Example sentences showing how the words are used
- Companion online audio recordings by native Korean speakers of all the vocabulary and sentences
- An introduction to Korean pronunciation and grammar
- An index to allow you to quickly look up words
makes language learning more fun than traditional phrasebooks. This resource is perfect for beginners of all ages—curious kids, visual learners and future travelers to Korea.
Tina Cho is the author ofThe Girl's Guide to Manners and forthcoming books:Rice from Heaven andKorean Celebrations. Tina writes for the educational and children's markets. She lives in South Korea with her husband and two children while teaching at an international school.
"Being typical of Tuttle Publishing, they've gone further than simply a picture dictionary; this book can be used for much more…there is a link provided in the book to how you can download audio clips of each of the lessons spoken both in English and in Korean…The 600+ photos in theKorean Picture Dictionary are all full-color, high quality and are a mix of individual objects as well as situations, which makes it more interesting."—Castle View Acamedy blog