Smart, emotional novel with award potential: Lisa Bunker’s sparkling story combines transportive writing with twists, turns, comedy, and real-life truths, to create a gripping, moving reading experience.
Truthful exploration of trans experience: While never being graphic or too mature, Zenobia’s narrative deftly conveys the nuance and complexity of being a trans tween through loving and authentic prose.
Family at its core: As Zenobia begins her new life in Portland, she finds a new family in her loving aunts, their kooky friends, and the band of misfits she gloms onto at school. It’s a story about finding queer community, with a tender heart.
Activist author: Lisa is a trans woman and activist, whose writerly ambitions include telling stories featuring LGBTQ characters without that being the focus, pushing the boundaries of the word “normal.” An engaging speaker, she’s running for New Hampshire state assembly in November 2018, and she’ll be a strong advocate for Zenobia July and books featuring underrepresented characters in general!
Critics loved Lisa’s debut, Felix Yz!
- An NPR Best Book of 2017
- A Kirkus Reviews Best Book of 2017
- A VOYA Top Shelf pick for 2017
- An ALA 2018 Rainbow List Top Ten pick
* “Acutely perceptive, disarmingly witty, devastatingly honest, and utterly captivating. Joyful, heartbreaking, completely bonkers, and exuberantly alive.”—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* “Captivating…Felix’s story is a love letter to anyone who feels out of place and a testament to the beauty of being ’different.’”—Publishers Weekly, starred review
* “Lisa Bunker’s clever science fiction debut is heartwarming and witty…The marvelously diverse cast of Felix Yz is certain to charm audiences and leave them eagerly anticipating what Bunker will deliver next.”—Shelf Awareness, starred review
* “[A] charming, engaging, humorous, and heartrending tale of self-awareness and coming of age.”—School Library Journal, starred review of the audiobook
An email has been sent out with instructions for resetting your password.