The Great Mistake Mysteries 4
The Diamond Mistake Mystery
The Great Mistake Mysteries
Juvenile: Age (years) from 9 - 12, Reading age from 9 - 12
JUVENILE FICTION / Mysteries & Detective Stories
May 11, 2019
5 x 8 x 0.5 in
Five-year-old Pearl claims that a pirate stole the rare Blushing Diamond. But everyone’s a pirate on Halloween.
Dogwalker Stephen Noble has been recruited to walk his five-year-old reading buddy, Pearl Lebel, to and from school while her mother is away and her father is ill. He’s sure that this will be easier than walking canine clients Ping and Pong — until Pearl locks herself in the house, runs away from home, and loses her family’s rare pink diamond ring.
When Pearl claims that a pirate took the ring, Stephen and Renée are on the case. But the more they discover, the more it feels like everyone is a suspect. With Pearl annoying them every step of the way, will they be able to solve the mystery before the ring's scheduled appearance at the Brilliant Diamond Show?
- Book four in the Great Mistake Mysteries trilogy, where an anxious young sleuth tries to protect his favourite animals and his friends
- A mystery with no violence, featuring a male protagonist with strong, smart girl sidekick, where sleuth helps someone who’s been unfairly blamed
- Fast-paced, easy read for middle-graders, short at 30,000 words
- By the author of the Bringing Up Beauty series
- Author’s books have won the Forest of Reading Silver Birch Award and been nominated for the Arthur Ellis Award in the YA category and the Rocky Mountain Book Award, as well as the Manitoba Young Readers’ Choice award, the Saskatchewan Snowy Willow, Resource Links “One of the Year’s Best”, and an OLA Best Bet
For more information contact
Elham Ali, firstname.lastname@example.org