- Author Bio
DK Eyewitness travel guides: award-winning guidebooks
Your journey starts here. This new edition of our New York City guide, packed with color photography, DK’s iconic illustrations and detailed maps, has been expertly updated so you won’t miss a thing.
- Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
- Reasons to love New York City: world-class museums, lively local markets, jazz, and Jewish food - what will yours be?
- See New York City from a different angle: 26 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
- A year-long calendar of events in New York City gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
- Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and subway map
- Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around, and stay safe
- Detailed color maps help you navigate the city with ease
- Expert tips to make memories that last - where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
- The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
- Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of food and drink stops en route
- Includes a free audio app featuring five walks around the city: Brooklyn; the Upper East Side; Lower Manhattan; Greenwich Village and SoHo; and the Lower East Side, Chinatown, and Little Italy
- Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including Ellis Island, the Empire State Building, the Guggenheim, Grand Central Terminal, the United Nations, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, and Cathedral of St. John the Divine
- Covers Lower Manhattan; Lower East Side; Chinatown, Little Italy, and Nolita; SoHo and Tribeca; Greenwich Village; East Village; Gramercy and the Flatiron District; Chelsea and the Garment District; Midtown West and the Theater District; Lower Midtown; Upper Midtown; Upper East Side; Central Park and the Upper West Side; Harlem and Morningside Heights; and Brooklyn, plus sights beyond the city in Upper Manhattan, the Bronx, Queens, and Staten Island
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide New York City is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you create your own unique trip.
Staying for longer? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide USA.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: For 25 years, DK’s beautifully practical Eyewitness guides have been combining inspiring ideas and expert advice with easy-to-read maps and vivid photography to inform and enrich your holiday. In 2018 the Eyewitness series was relaunched with a stunning new look that you will love even more. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in over 120 countries.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
Expertly curated travel content in a beautifully practical package to accentuate the benefits of a guidebook over an unwieldy online experience
For the discerning traveler looking to escape—offering a trusted friend to help you to experience the “real” place with a sense of exploration and discovery.
DK Eyewitness Travel is the Silver Award-Winning Guidebook Series as voted by the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2018
DK Eyewitness Travel is the No. 2 travel guide publisher in 2018 YTD (Source: Nielsen Bookscan)
About DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent editorial advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guides: the most maps, photography, and illustrations of any guide.
Marketing: National consumer and trade advertising campaigns
Social media campaign and giveaway contest across all platforms
Partnerships with travel agencies and companies
Influencer, blogger, and paid social campaigns
Luggage tag promotional giveaway at trade shows
Study Abroad Ambassador Program
Initiatives with content platforms to increase brand awareness
Publicity: TV/Radio tour
National trade/education/consumer press outreach
Advance copy influencer mailing
Educational/consumer awards nominee
“Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way.” – Chicago Tribune
“The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life.” – The Philadelphia Inquirer