The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring these cultured and ancient nations.
Admire Siem Reap’s awe-inspiring Angkor Wat, sample French-Lao cuisine at Luang Prabang’s waterfront restaurants, or take a boat ride down the Mekong and stop off at the magical islands of Si Phan Don: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of Cambodia and Laos with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cambodia & Laos:
- Over 20 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of Cambodia and Laos designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show in detail the magnificent Angkor Wat, Phnom Penh’s elaborately decorated Silver Pagoda, Luang Prabang’s Wat Xieng Thong monastery, and more
- Color photographs of Cambodia and Laos’s stunning landscapes, beautiful islands, ancient wats and pagodas, Mekong Delta, bustling capital cities of Phnom Penh and Vientiane, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Phnom Penh, Angkor, Northern Cambodia and Southern Cambodia, and Vientiane, Luang Prabang, Northern Laos, and Central and Southern Laos
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about each country’s complex history, landscapes, wildlife, religions, delicious cuisines, festivals, and more
- Essential travel tips—our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases and visa and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Cambodia & Laos is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to these remarkable countries.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one.”—The Independent
Traveling to southeast Asia? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Vietnam & Angkor Wat.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your holiday. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cambodia & Laos is updated regularly.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Cambodia & Laos is full of inspiring photography and unique illustrations of major attractions such as Angkor Wat and Luang Prabang’s Wat Xieng Thong monastery.
Street-by-street illustrated walking routes show you around key areas Phnom Penh’s riverfront and Luang Prabang’s Old Town
Marketing: National consumer advertising campaign
Feature on dk.com
Social media campaign across all platforms
Publicity: Radio tour
National trade/consumer press outreach
Advance copy influencer mailing
Syndicated newswire press release
“Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way.” – Chicago Tribune
“The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life.” – The Philadelphia Inquirer