The ideal travel companion, full of insider advice on what to see and do, plus detailed itineraries and comprehensive maps for exploring this evocative region.
Tour the fascinating sites of Jerusalem’s Old City, sample eclectic Israeli cuisine in vibrant Tel Aviv, or soak in the salty waters of the Dead Sea: everything you need to know is clearly laid out within color-coded chapters. Discover the best of the Holy Land with this indispensable travel guide.
Inside DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Jerusalem, Israel, Petra & Sinai:
- Over 25 color maps, plus a large-scale pull-out map of Jerusalem, help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries of the Holy Land designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show in detail the Dome of the Rock, Jerusalem Archaeological Park, Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Mount of Olives, the Israel Museum, Church of the Nativity, the astounding tombs and temples at Petra, and more
- Color photographs of ancient archaeological sites, religious buildings, cliff-hugging monasteries, beauty spots, picturesque vistas, and more
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Jerusalem (the Muslim Quarter, the Jewish Quarter, the Christian and Armenian Quarters, the Mount of Olives, the Mount of Zion, and Modern Jerusalem), the Coast and Galilee, the Dead Sea and Negev Desert, Petra and Western Jordan, and the Red Sea and Sinai
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the complex history of the region, religions and religious sites, celebrated visitors to the Holy Land, the landscape and wildlife, and festivals and events
- Essential travel tips: our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful Hebrew phrases and transportation, visa, and health information
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Jerusalem, Israel, Petra & Sinai is a detailed, easy-to-use guide designed to help you get the most from your visit to the Holy Land.
DK Eyewitness: Silver award winner in the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards for Guidebook Series 2018.
“No other guide whets your appetite quite like this one.”—The Independent
Planning a shorter break? Try our DK Eyewitness Travel Top 10 Israel and Petra guide.
About DK Eyewitness Travel: DK’s highly visual Eyewitness guides show you what others only tell you, with easy-to-read maps, tips, and tours to inform and enrich your journey. DK is the world’s leading illustrated reference publisher, producing beautifully designed books for adults and children in more than 120 countries.
Series Overview: For more than two decades, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides have helped travelers experience the world through the history, art, architecture, and culture of their destinations. Expert travel writers and researchers provide independent advice, recommendations, and reviews. With guidebooks to hundreds of places around the globe available in print and digital formats, DK Eyewitness Travel Guides show travelers how they can discover more.
The guide includes a laminated pull-out map of Jerusalem, containing essential transportation and ticket information.
DK Eyewitness Travel Guide Jerusalem, Israel, Petra & Sinai is full of inspiring photography and unique illustrations of major attractions such as the Via Dolorosa and the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
The guide contains a wealth of practical information for travelers as well as restaurant and accommodation recommendations for each area.
Marketing: National consumer advertising campaign
Feature on dk.com
Social media campaign across all platforms
Publicity: Radio tour
National trade/consumer press outreach
Advance copy influencer mailing
Syndicated newswire press release