How healthy, empowered teachers lead to thriving, successful classrooms
EDUCATION / Professional Development
Jan 03, 2019
8.38 x 10.88 x 0.29 in | 351 gr
Discover how healthy, empowered teachers lead to thriving, successful classrooms.
How can teachers balance the needs of busy overwhelming classrooms with the needs of their own health and well-being? This remarkable book shows you how embracing a healthy lifestyle is not only beneficial for teachers, but for students, classrooms, and schools, too. It suggests that teachers can reduce the amount of time they work outside the classroom and still be a motivated and engaged teacher. Promoting a healthy work–life balance for teachers, the book explores how to avoid burnout while still creating an effective learning community in your classroom. The conversational tone of the book, along with a wealth of anecdotal examples, will make this highly readable resource an invaluable guide for every educator.
Key Selling Points
- Concrete steps teachers can take to make positive changes in their approach to teaching.
- Simple ways to be more efficient and effective in and out of the classroom.
- Proven evaluation techniques that save time and help teachers get to know their students.
- Strategies for collaborating with colleagues and getting necessary support.
- Reproducible lessons, schedules, and activities to help teachers on their own journeys.
- Anecdotes detailing the author’s own struggles balancing her personal challenges with those of a busy classroom make this a highly readable book