From the national bestselling author of One Night Only come 39 new stories about what a big-league goal can mean to an NHLer
Including interviews with Billy Smith, Chris Mason, Damian Rhodes, Christian Thomas, and Slap Shot’s Dave Hanson.
This follow-up to Reid’s national bestseller One Night Only: Conversations with the NHL’s One-Game Wonders unearths the blood, sweat, tears, and laughs of the journey to and from a single big-league goal.
If you’ve ever picked up a hockey stick, chances are you’ve dreamed of scoring in the National Hockey League. Ken Reid interviews and profiles 39 men who did just that: they bulged the twine in the best hockey league in the world … but only once. From minor league call-ups to season-long mainstays and even a Hall of Famer, One to Remember answers all the questions …
What did that one tally mean? Was it enough to satisfy a lifelong ambition, or was it just the smallest taste of success? Is the achievement still cherished years later? Or is it bittersweet, a distant reminder of what could have been?
Thirty-nine stories of hockey players who only scored one goal in their entire NHL career. From guys nobody has heard of to star goalies who managed to get one in the net, Ken Reid interviews these NHLers and finds out what that single point meant in the grand scheme of their lives.
Sales and Market Bullets
- @SNKenReid has 19K Twitter followers.
- Ken Reid’s first book, Hockey Card Stories, was a breakout bestseller, and his second, One Night Only, was called “fascinating” in Publishers Weekly.
- Reid has a substantial fan base and his shows are broadcasted into hockey towns in the U.S. and across Canada.
- Includes the following players:
- John English LA Kings born Toronto
- Mike Forbes Edmonton Oilers born Brampton ON
- Alain Nasreddine Pittsburgh Penguins, born Montreal, QC
- Brad Moran Columbus Blue Jackets born Abbotsford BC
- Mike Hurlbut New York Rangers born Massena NY
- Shawn Evans Quebec Nordiques born Kingston ON
- Dan Lucas Philadelphia Flyers born Powell River BC
- Connor James Pittsburgh Penguins born Calgary AB
- Ben Walter New York Islanders born Beaconsfield QC
- Dave Hanson (Slap Shot star) Minnesota North Stars born Cumberland WI
- Richie Regehr Calgary Flames born Rosthern SK
- Christian Thomas Montreal Canadiens born Toronto ON
- Christian Dube NY Rangers born Quebec City QC
- Paul Houck Minnesota North Stars born Vancouver BC
- Billy Smith (goalie) NY Islanders born Perth ON
- Chris Mason (goalie) Nashville Predators born Red Deer AB
- Damian Rhodes (goalie) Ottawa Senators born St Paul MN
- Darren Haydar Atlanta Thrashers born Milton ON
- Micki Dupont Calgary Flames born Calgary AB
- Andrew McKim Boston Bruins born St John NB
- Brent Tremblay Washington Capitals born North Bay ON
- Joey Hishon Colorado Avalanche born Stratford ON
- Damian Surma Carolina Hurricanes born Lincoln Park MN
- Lee Sweatt Vancouver Canucks born Elburn IL
- Scott Metcalfe Edmonton Oilers born Toronto ON
- Matt Higgins Montreal Candiens born Calgary AB
- Mike Brown Vancouver Canucks born Surrey BC
- Kimbi Daniels Philadelphia Flyers born Estevan SK
- Jason Podollan Florida Panthers born Vernon BC
- Bob Warner Toronto Maple Leafs born Grimsby ON
- Steve Coates Detroit Red Wings born Toronto ON
- Hank Lammens (also an Olympic sailor) Ottawa Senators born Brockville ON
- Shawn McCosh NY Rangers born Oshawa ON
- Les Kozak Toronto Maple Leafs born Toronto ON
- Stu McNeill Detroit Red Wings born Hamilton ON
- Dennis Bonvie Boston Bruins born Antigonish NS
- Rob Skrlac New Jersey Devils born Port McNeil BC
- Chris McRae Detroit Red Wings born Beaverton ON
- Frank Beaton NY Rangers born Antigonish NS
- NHL fans
- Beer league hockey players, 30+
- People who watch hockey regularly
- Holiday gift buyers
“This honest and entertaining book reveals just how hard it is to get even a glimpse of the highest levels of professional sports, much less find any lasting success . . . Hockey fans and those who enjoy strong sports writing will appreciate.” — Library Journal
“The stories are entertaining, varied and reflect the personality of the man telling the story.” — The Guy Who Reviews Sports Books blog
“Now I have five Ken Reid books and never tire of his stories, never tire of the players he writes about.” — Pictou Advocate