Dive under the sea with these realistic marine origami models!
InFantastic Origami Sea Creatures
, Japanese origami expert Hisao Fukui shows you how to create incredibly detailed aquatic wildlife, including a giant squid, prehistoric creatures and even a massive blue whale calf!
The step-by-step folding instructions and photos in this book present 20 challenging and amazingly lifelike models — from intermediate to complex in terms of their level of difficulty.The 20 projects in this book include:
- The Penguin — A color-change model capturing the awkward and slightly comical appearance of these flightless aquatic birds
- The Polar Bear — A menacing hunter who will hungrily stalk the edge of your desk or bookshelf
- The Goldfish — This model features elegant lines and clever folding solutions — and it's difficult to overfeed, to boot!
- The Crocodile — A lurking hunter which is ideal for showcasing special papers
- The Crab — With all of the legs to define, this model is a challenging one, but with fewer pinch folds than you might expect
- The Manta Ray — A graceful and gentle filter feeder whose sweeping wings give you the opportunity to create a truly expressive paper sculpture
- And many more!
Hisao Fukui has been folding origami for over half a century and is considered one of the leading origami artists in Japan today. He specializes in magnificently realistic animal models that capture the quintessential expressive elements of the originals. He is the author of four origami books that have been bestsellers in his native Japan. This is his second book to appear in English, along with Tuttle'sFantastic Origami Flying Creatures.
"Hisao Fukui coaxes an incredible amount of detail from surprisingly straightforward folding sequences." —Marc Kirschenbaum, origami artist and author ofOrigami Dragons Kit
"A great book with a lot of variety for the avid folder." —Won Park, origami artist and author ofStar Wars Dollar Origami
"Challenging, but not overly complex, this book will undoubtedly make you a better folder, and the models are lifelike and satisfying to fold." —Nick Robinson, origami artist and author ofNick Robinson's Beginning Origami Kit
"Realistic and elegant, Hisao Fukui's creations come to life in your hands. This book is a great addition to any origami enthusiast's library." —Sok Song, origami artist and author ofOrigami Chic