Quickly learn how to read and write Persian-Farsi with this user-friendly guide!Reading & Writing Farsi
is an easy-to-grasp introduction to written Farsi—perfect for anyone just starting out. Pegah Vil, an incredibly experienced language teacher, has developed an engaging set of lessons based on her time in the classroom with students.
The lessons in this book show you how to write the 32 letters of the Farsi alphabet (alefba) and how to quickly progress to reading the language with confidence. Exercises in each chapter encourage you to practice writing and spelling, reinforcing the lessons throughout the book.This language book includes:
- Reading and writing exercises which facilitate the learning process
- Mnemonic pictures, to help you learn how to write Farsi characters by associating their shapes and sounds with familiar images
- A description of common errors faced by English-speaking learners and how to avoid making these mistakes
- Online audio recordings by native speakers that help with accurate pronunciation
- Access to downloadable content including free, printable flash cards and additional exercises and readings not included in the book
- A glossary of key terms
Easier to learn than Arabic, Farsi—which is spoken by more than 100 million people worldwide—is also a strategic language in current global affairs. By using this carefully thought-out resource, self-study language learners will walk away with a comprehensive understanding of the basics of written Persian-Farsi—the dialect covered in this book and spoken in Iran.
Pegah Vil has taught and developed Farsi programs at multiple post-secondary institutes and has experience in instruction design and training, including at Stanford University. She has an M.Ed. in Educational Technology from Texas A&M University and an M.A. in Art Studies from the University of Tehran. She is also a writer, translator, and journalist who has worked at several Farsi language magazines and newspapers in the U.S. and Iran.
Amir Hossein Ahooie is a writer, translator, and journalist who has extensive experience writing for several prominent print and online outlets in Iran and the US. He has extensive experience as a Farsi tutor and is currently the editor ofTehrangeles Magazine and a media and language specialist.