If you've mastered the basics of Japanese grammar and are ready to move to the next level, this book is for you!Each of the 12 chapters is devoted to one widely-used sentence structure and its variations. Chapters are broken down into the following easy-to-follow components:
- Clear presentation of model sentences
- Breakdown and explanation of the grammar of key sentence patterns
- Controlled practice exercises, such as filling in the blanks and imitating model sentences
- Free practice exercises, using the target sentence structure to create your own sentences
- Reading comprehension practice, of narrative text and dialogues, for consolidation
Online audio files recorded by a native speaker are available for all key Japanese dialogues, and all texts are written in Japanese characters with romanized Japanese and English translation—making the book accessible even for students who have not yet mastered Japanese script. The book is illustrated throughout with drawings that reinforce the meaning of the written text.Japanese Grammar: A Workbook for Self-Study
is ideal for anyone studying for the JLPT N3 test, or the AP Japanese Language and Culture test. It is perfect for post-beginners who want to move quickly to the next level, and for intermediate students who want to review and perfect their grammar skills.
Masahiro Tanimori is associate professor of Japanese Education at Konan University in Kobe, Japan. He is the co-author ofEssential Japanese Grammar (Tuttle, 2012). He lives in Awaji City, Hyogo.