A great introduction to the Japanese language for travel, business, traditional learning or fun!
This book introduces you to the basics of Japanese, and teaches practical daily conversations and vocabulary. Useful notes and explanations on the Japanese script, pronunciation and accent, greetings and requests, sentence structure, vocabulary, verb conjugations, honorific forms, expressions and etiquette dos and don'ts are included, as well as a useful dictionary of commonly-used Japanese words and phrases. Native-speaker audio recordings of all the dialogues, vocabulary and exercises areavailable for free online.InEasy Japanese you'll find:
- 10 progressive, structured lessons for self-study learners
- A focus on elementary sentence patterns and vocabulary for daily conversations
- Content suitable for JLPT N5 and N4 preparation
- Manga illustrations
- Kanji, hiragana and katakana, and romaji in all dialogues and vocabulary
- Cultural notes for understanding Japanese customs and norms
Emiko Konomi received her PhD from Cornell and has been on the faculty of Portland State University since 2014. She teaches all levels of Japanese and has extensive experience training Japanese language instructors at various teacher-training programs in the U.S. Her passionate teaching style and dedication earned her the Eliot Allen Outstanding Teaching Award in 2011 and 2015. She is the author ofPreadvanced Japanese. She lives just outside of Portland, Oregon.