With :Mark Manson
Audience:General / adult
Dimensions:9.53in x 6.37 x 1.34 in | 1.74 lb
Page Count:432 pages
Illustrations:2-16PP 4/C INSERTS; 1 B&W ILLUS.
· ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS AND WELL-LOVED HUMANS ON EARTH: Smith has been succeeding in the public eye for the last 35 years, and his popularity is only growing: he’s one of the most-followed people in the world on social media.
· DEEP, SINCERE AUTHOR COMMITMENT: Smith is opening up about hard things he doesn’t have to open up about—this book is a mission for him. He is committed to an enormous rollout campaign, including big media and a series of live large-venue events with Mark Manson.
· MEGA-BESTSELLING CO-AUTHOR: Mark Manson has a formidable platform in his own right, and his book The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck has sold 3 million hardcovers to date, and counting.
· AMAZING HYBRID OF MEMOIR AND SELF-HELP: Will Smith has really figured out some profound things that he wants to share with the world, and he hand-picked Manson to help him do it.
· DEEP WISDOM: Smith learned that there’s one type of emotional self-mastery you need to be a success in your own life, and another level you need to reach to help your loved ones be successes in their own stories, not just impressive props in your own.
“Many people can live a really fantastic life. Many people can write a great book. There are few people I think who can translate a fantastic life into a fantastic book…. It’s raw…. one of the most anticipated yet unexpected memoirs that has ever come out.” —Trevor Noah, The Daily Show
“The guy you think you know is just a fantasy…. With a new book…[Will Smith] is finally ready to introduce himself…. It is a 400-page page turner.” —T.J. Holmes, Good Morning America
“It shows every high, every low, and the sheer will it took you to become who you are…. I love the book. It’s fantastic.” —Jimmy Fallon, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
“This book doesn’t waste any time…. Like a lot of families, mine included, we talk about nothing. You took the carpet, you shook it, you beat it with a broom, you let it all out…. The book is so good.” —Hoda Kotb, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna
“Will is not just a gift for the reader but an absolutely entertaining treat as well…. It’s filled with laugh out loud, nostalgic references alongside poignant, powerful, relatable life and career lessons…. While we often think of leaders as successful, powerful…and oftentimes rich, Smith reminds us that the best leaders are really vulnerable, relatable and teachable.” —Forbes
“Will Smith isn’t holding back in his bravely inspiring new memoir… An ultimately heartwarming read, Will provides a humane glimpse of the man behind the actor, producer and musician, as he bares all his insecurities and trauma.” —USA Today
“The real Smith, the one that yells, cries, experiences heartbreak, is much more interesting. Early on, his act gives way to images of unhealthy relationship patterns marked by people pleasing and insecurity. Elsewhere, Will rewards music fans with memories of hip-hop’s early days, when getting a song played on the radio was a crowning achievement and selling rap albums was almost inconceivable.” —Pittsburgh Post-Gazette