Illustrated by :Brian Won
Product Form:Board book
Audience:Children: Age (years) 3, Grade (US) P
Dimensions:7in x 7 x 0.66 in | 0.7 lb
Page Count:32 pages
Dogs and construction vehicles: These perennial favorites are at the top of toddler’s wish lists, and picture books pros author Bob Shea and illustrator Brian Won combine them in an refreshingly unique way.
Humor: Both toddlers and parents will appreciate the hilarity of Bob Shea’s puppy dialogue, and it’s matched by Brian Won’s truly adorable, bold artwork.
Start of a series: There are at least three books planned for these puppies with the first two pubbing simultaneously, so there’s plenty of puppy construction content for fans to find.
Perseverance: These puppies don’t give up, even if their plans don’t always pan out, and the story sends a message of thinking things through and working together.
Praise for Bob Shea
* “Kindness is revealed to be the best answer to embarrassment and anger in this funny take on peeing your pants.” —Kirkus, starred review for Who Wet My Pants?
* “A quick study in how saving face can be a team effort.” —Booklist, starred review for Who Wet My Pants?
* “A comedy that is both laugh-out-loud off-kilter and deeply humane.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review for Who Wet My Pants?
* “Shea’s cleverly written tale makes this a standout.” —Booklist, starred review for Unicorn Thinks He’s Pretty Great
* “Kids will be only too happy to capitulate to this irresistible package.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review for Dinosaur Vs. Bedtime
“…a high-volume attention-grabber that will have audiences roaring along enthusiastically.” —Kirkus Reviews
Praise for Brian Won
* “Buoyant and funny, this second outing cleverly works within the structure of Won’s debut, but he allows himself more freedom to riff and, in doing so, hits all the right notes.” —Kirkus, starred review for Hooray for Today!
“Cheers all around.” —Kirkus for Hooray for Hat!
“A tip of the hat to this buoyant debut.” —Booklist for Hooray for Hat!