If you’re having digestive problems or feeling sick and rundown—or if you simply want to feel better and have more energy—this is the book for you. In Cultured Food for Health, Donna Schwenk opens your eyes to the amazing healing potential of cultured foods. Focusing on the notion that all disease begins in the gut—a claim made by Hippocrates, the father of medicine, more than 2000 years ago—she brings together cutting-edge research, firsthand accounts from her online community, and her personal healing story to highlight the links between an imbalanced microbiome and a host of ailments, including high blood pressure, allergies, depression, autism, IBS, and so many more. Then she puts the power in your hands, teaching you how to bring three potent probiotic foods—kefir, kombucha, and cultured vegetables—into your diet. Following the advice in these pages, along with her 21-day program, you can easily (and deliciously!) flood your system with billions of good bacteria, which will balance your body and allow it to heal naturally.
In this book, you’ll find:
• Step-by-step instructions on how to make basic kefir, kombucha, and cultured vegetables
• More than 100 tasty, easy-to-make recipes, from smoothies to desserts, that feature probiotic foods • A three-week program with day-by-day instructions on gathering supplies and ingredients, and making and eating cultured foods
• Helpful answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about culturing
• Hints and tips about how to easily incorporate cultured foods into your life
• Exciting information on the probiotic-enhancing properties of prebiotic foods, such as apples, broccoli, onions, squash, brussels sprouts, and honey
Cultured Food for Health takes the fear out of fermentation so you can heal your gut and experience the energy, health, and vitality that are available when your body is working as it’s meant to. So join Donna today, and learn to love the food that loves you back!