The hotly anticipated new release from #1 New York Times bestselling, multiple Eisner Award-winning graphic novelist, Raina Telgemeier!
Catrina and her family are moving to the coast of Northern California because her little sister, Maya, is sick. Cat isn't happy about leaving her friends for Bahía de la Luna, but Maya has cystic fibrosis and will benefit from the cool, salty air that blows in from the sea. As the girls explore their new home, a neighbor lets them in on a secret: There are ghosts in Bahía de la Luna. Maya is determined to meet one, but Cat wants nothing to do with them. As the time of year when ghosts reunite with their loved ones approaches, Cat must figure out how to put aside her fears for her sister's sake -and her own.
Raina Telgemeier has masterfully created a moving and insightful story about the power of family and friendship, and how it gives us the courage to do what we never thought possible.
Raina Telgemeier is the #1 New York Times bestselling, multiple Eisner Award-winning creator of Smile and Sisters, which are both graphic memoirs based on her childhood. She is also the creator of Drama, which was named a Stonewall Honor Book and was selected for YALSA's Top Ten Great Graphic Novels for Teens. Raina lives in the San Francisco Bay Area. To learn more, visit her online at www.goRaina.com.
Praise for Ghosts:
*"The bright tones and wonderfully expressive figures of the racially diverse cast, not to mention the jaunty, friendly ghosts that waft over the windswept beach town, make this compassionate, approachable, and gentle story about death irresistible."-Booklist, Starred Review
*"A can't-miss addition to middle grade graphic novel shelves; hand to fans of the author and newcomers alike."- School Library Journal, Starred Reviews
*"Telgemeier's floaty, sea green, protoplasmic beings are just as appealing as her human characters."-Publishers Weekly, Starred Reviews
Praise for Smile:
"I so enjoyed reading Smile, I couldn't put it down. It's excellent!" - Lynn Johnston, creator of For Better or For Worse
"Raina perfectly captures the small, everyday surprises, dramas, and embarrassments that make up adolescence... A joy to read." - Gene Yang, National Book Award Winner for American Born Chinese
"Irresistible, funny and touching." - Kirkus Reviews
"It hits home partly because there is nothing else out there like it." - The New York Times Book Review
Praise for Drama:
* "Another dead-on look at the confusing world of middle school." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "With the clear, stylish art, the strongly appealing characters and just the right pinch of drama, this book will undoubtedly make readers stand up and cheer. Brava!" - Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Telgemeier is prodigiously talented at telling cheerful stories with realistic portrayals of middle-school characters." - Booklist, starred review
* "The full-color cartoon-style illustrations are graceful, assured, and, along with the twists and turns of the plot, guarantee an entertaining and enlightening read." - School Library Journal, starred review
Praise for Sisters:
* "A wonderfully charming tale of family and sisters that anyone can bond with." - Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Alternately poignant and laugh-out-loud funny." - Publishers Weekly, starred review
* "Telgemeier's art complements her writing to great effect, offering a cheerful, vivid cartoon simplicity that allows readers to instantly engage even as it leaves room for deeper truths to take hold." - Booklist, starred review
* "A must-have follow-up to Smile." - School Library Journal, starred review
An email has been sent out with instructions for resetting your password.