Dimensions:9.32in x 6.32 x 1.3 in | 1.23 lb
Page Count:368 pages
• LOYAL AND GROWING FANBASE: Riley Sager’s loyal fanbase has continued to expand, with each book hitting a new high on the NYT bestseller list; his latest Survive the Night (June 2021) debuted at #6 with rave reviews from outlets like USA Today and AP and is up almost 40% from his previous book.
• CREEPY, ATMOSPHERIC SETTING: Sager is the master of a spooky setting, and this novel is no exception, set at a remote Vermont lake house, with a history of drownings and women going missing.
• LIBRARYREADS HALL OF FAMER: Riley Sager is in the LibraryReads Hall of Fame after three novels were selected as picks.
• ADORED IN #BOOKSTAGRAM COMMUNITY: With more than 23K #RileySager tags on Instagram, Sager has a huge base of vocal readers on the platform.
• APPROACHING 700K COPIES SOLD ACROSS ALL FORMATS IN THE U.S. with Riley Sager titles sold in 30 countries and counting.
“The House Across the Lake reads like a psychological thriller version of The Great Gatsby, featuring binoculars for more accurate across-the-lake spying, smaller gatherings for a shorter list of suspects, and a truly bat**** twist for more satisfying consumption. So basically The Great Gatsby, but better. I know, them’s fightin words.”
“A suspense novel brimming with twists and turns.”
"The House Across the Lake is the work of a master storyteller. A Hitchcockian premise is given an exciting new spin, as voyeurism, murder, and the lies we tell ourselves about our nearest and dearest spiral out of control in this gripping mystery, where nothing is what it seems. I had a thrilling time reading this. An unputdownable page-turner."
—Alex Michaelides, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Silent Patient and The Maidens
“Riley Sager is an auto-buy for me, and his latest propulsive thriller, The House Across The Lake, may just be my favorite of his yet. With his characteristic mix of dynamic characters and riveting plot twists, Sager will keep you turning the pages in his foray into secrets, grief, revenge, and love.”
—Laura Dave, #1 New York Times bestselling author of The Last Thing He Told Me
"The House Across the Lake pulls you under on the first page and doesn’t let you come up for air. With fascinating characters, a suffocating setting, and an intriguing premise, Riley Sager relentlessly turns up the tension on every page. Good luck putting this book down."
—Simone St. James, New York Times bestselling author of The Book of Cold Cases
"For a fresh and twisty take on Rear Window, just add water: The House Across the Lake is a propulsive, tautly-plotted and atmospheric thriller with a vividly drawn cast of compelling characters and a final what-just-happened twist that will have you reeling. Loved it!"
—Ellery Lloyd, internationally bestselling author of The Club
"[An] outstanding novel of suspense.... Sager brilliantly misdirects readers while playing fair with them. Newcomers and fans both will be eager to see what he pulls off in his next book.”
—Publishers Weekly (starred)
"A highly entertaining read."
“Sager is terrific at creating suspense within a confined, sometimes claustrophobic setting…Fans of stories that keep the heart pounding and the mind engaged will enjoy this one. . . . One of the genre's most entertaining authors.”
“Go into the book blind for a full experience. The clues are definitely there for you to piece together but I was still surprised. You will be questioning everyone and everything, making this book such a fun read.”
—Mystery and Suspense
"Rear Window gets a jaw-dropping twist in this tense, daring and utterly propulsive thriller. If you’re not already reading Riley Sager, you’re missing out."
—Catherine Ryan Howard, #1 Irish bestselling author of 56 Days
"Brilliantly written with a dark and clever twist on a well-worn trope, and as for that ending...?! What a fun book. I devoured it!"
—Susi Holliday, author of The Last Resort