● The number of people camping in the US and Canada has seen significant growth. The 2018 North American Camping Report revealed that “77 million US households have someone who camps at least occasionally.”
● Forbes published an article in April 2018 reporting that Millennials and Gen Xers make up three quarters of all campers in North America (while Millennials alone make up 40%), suggesting that this is a growing rather than aging trend.
● There has been a rise in the number of people buying RVs in the US; the RV Industry Association reports that sales are up 12.2% over the same month in 2017, in an $887 billion industry.
● The recipes cater to basic camping equipment as well as better-equipped portable kitchens, making this book relevant for people choosing to “glamp,” a trend that is expected to continue to grow worldwide as more people seek experiential holidays. (In 2017 IBIS Worldwide reported a £3bn revenue in the glamping business in the UK; the Global Glamping Summit acknowledged that the industry is poised to take off in the US.)
● The number of outdoor events and festivals increased significantly during the last decade. More than 32 million people in the US attend at least one music festival per year, often accompanied by camping.
● Tailgating before sports events is another place outdoor cooking comes into play in the US. A study from the University of Minnesota estimated that up to 18 percent of people attending football games at all levels have tailgate parties before the game (for a total of approximately 3.12 million people annually).
● Wild cooking and fire cooking have also risen in popularity, a trend led by celebrity chefs such as Francis Mallman, who appeared on the Netflix show Chef’s Table.
● More than 80 sweet and savory recipes from barbecued meats, kebab skewers, and pizzas to stews, salads, bread, and cakes.
● 125 mouthwatering photographs of recipes and fun, evocative, atmospheric camping shots.
● Includes basic recipes for camping pantry essentials including ketchup, BBQ sauce, and muesli.
● Includes a guide and checklist of camping essentials.
● Helpful advice on the best outdoor cooking hacks.
An email has been sent out with instructions for resetting your password.