As featured on NPR'sMorning Edition,Epicurious, andGrub Street!Visually stunning cookbook with 75 recipes for easy, generous plates and platters:
Executive Editor ofSAVEUR
magazine and James Beard Award-winning author Stacy Adimando draws from her Italian heritage and her love of Italy's traditional abundant antipasti spreads to create 75 recipes meant for grazing and sharing. Filled with advice on how to easily plate and serve dishes for a range of occasions, this gorgeous book imparts what many cooks of Italy seem born knowing: the secrets to pulling off an impressive feast, without formality or fussiness, but with love, ease, and elegance.
"Piatti is a great collection of seasonal Italian recipes, a tribute to the Italian culinary culture of using the freshest of ingredients when in season." – Lidia Bastianich, public television host, cookbook author, restaurateur
- Organized by season and ranging in size from bites to larger platters to serve to family and friends for gatherings of any kind.
- Distinctive "lay-flat" binding and vivid photography. This visually stunning book with a partially exposed spine imparts what many cooks of Italy seem born knowing: the secrets to pulling off an impressive feast, without formality or fussiness, but with love, ease, and elegance.
- Stacy Adimando is the executive editor ofSAVEUR magazine and has won both a James Beard Award and IACP awards for her writing. Her stories and recipes have been published by NPR,Bon Appétit,Food & Wine,Vogue, andConde Nast Traveler, among many others.
- Learn how to easily plate and serve gorgeous dishes for a range of occasions.
- Mouthwatering recipes include Stuffed Mussels with Bacon and Garlic Breadcrumbs, Baby Root Vegetables with Vinaigrette, Prosciutto and Pecorino Biscuits, Baked Squash with Chile Oil and Crispy Seeds, Thinly Sliced Tuscan Pork Loin, White Clam Pizzas with Scallion and Bacon, and more.
- author is a James Beard-award winner and the executive editor of Saveur
- received excellent blurbs from Lidia Bastianich, James Beard-award winning chef Andrew Carmellini, and more
- pending reviews in The Globe and Mail, CBC Life, and Postmedia
Piatti is a great collection of seasonal Italian recipes, a tribute to the Italian culinary culture of using the freshest of ingredients when in season. Scattered between recipes is the love of Italians gathering with family and friends at the table. Stacy Adimando in her bookPiatti has achieved that perfect balance between traditional techniques and recipes with contemporary presentation and feel. Brava Stacy.—Lidia Bastianich, Public Television host, cookbook author, restaurateur
InPiatti, antipasti extends beyond just being the beginning of a great Italian meal to sometimes become the meal itself. Stacy brings a fresh perspective to a range of traditional dishes like broccoli stromboli, black-eyed peas with swiss chard, and tomato and raw beet panzanella. Unexpected plates like seared radishes with walnuts and roasted shallots with pomegranate go way beyond the usual suspects to complete a generous spread. —Andrew Carmellini, James Beard Award-winning chef, restaurateur, and author
InPiatti, Stacy Adimando thoughtfully bridges two worlds that I know and love: classic Italian plates and dishes from the Italian-American kitchen. The result is an inspiring and vibrant new take on traditional antipasti. Whether you're looking to adorn your table with a touch of Italian flavor or lay out a full-on antipasto spread,Piatti is filled with a veritable buffet of generous, help-yourself platters perfect for grazing.—Katie Parla, author ofTasting Rome
A glorious and intimate collection of recipes that carefully and lovingly articulates the ingenuity of Italian home cooks passed down from generation to generation,Piattiembodies the conviviality of the Italian table.—Evan Funke, award-winning chef of Felix Trattoria